A little bit about me....

Hello! My name is Ricky Ruffin and I'm a returning graduate at the University of South Alabama. I have a bachelor's degree in Sports Management (South Ala, 2003) . I am currently pursuing a second degree in Physical Education. I am grateful to have the opportunity to share my ideas and thoughts about the education of our youth.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Motivational Outreach

In every community or school, there are numerous figures that can contribute to the overall development of a student. I plan to reach out to the community leaders and role models and have them speak to classes about what motivated them as students and how we can benefit it from them. On a bi-weekly basis, a speaker will visit and share ideas and tools that they know are essential to the total development of a student. Motivational Outreach participants can be anyone; former students, professional athletes, or current teachers in the community. It can be a good way to set attainable goals and hearing them from someone familiar or from the same background or area. At the end of the year, students will be asked to blog on the class blog site about what impact this has made on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment