A little bit about me....

Hello! My name is Ricky Ruffin and I'm a returning graduate at the University of South Alabama. I have a bachelor's degree in Sports Management (South Ala, 2003) . I am currently pursuing a second degree in Physical Education. I am grateful to have the opportunity to share my ideas and thoughts about the education of our youth.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Group Learning

As a current coach, I plan to incorporate team social skills into a classroom setting. Too often students in Physical Education classes are encourage to succeed in fitness and health, but hardly as a group. Rather than the usual "team sports" models used by most classes, I will use the "game show" approach to peak everyone's interests. Games like "the biggest loser" and "the amazing race" would be great for a class to encourage teamwork and physical activity. Most importantly, I think the students will benefit socially and ease the burden of peer pressure, especially in middle to high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment