A little bit about me....

Hello! My name is Ricky Ruffin and I'm a returning graduate at the University of South Alabama. I have a bachelor's degree in Sports Management (South Ala, 2003) . I am currently pursuing a second degree in Physical Education. I am grateful to have the opportunity to share my ideas and thoughts about the education of our youth.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Presidential Fitness Exam

Every year students will participate in the Presidential Fitness Program. The program is a nationally recognized and approved program the President of the United States. The standards are compiled by comparing data from around the country and measuring the data to determine age matching fitness criteria. The test involves the mile-run, sit and reach, push ups, shuttle run, and sit ups. There are three levels that a student can attain. If a student performs above average, he will receive the Presidential Award and a gold medal. If a student performs at average he/ she will receive the National Award and a silver medal. Finally, if a student simply completes each of the 5 categories they will receive a certificate of participation.

No comments:

Post a Comment